Monday 6 May 2013

V-log 3: A Tour around Schouwen-Duiveland


Greetings!

Since you've been getting to know him quite well on the Across Asia With A Lowlander travelogue, I thought that it might be nice to teach you all a little more about this mysterious figure who is the Lowlander and, more importantly, what makes him who he is. So, back in 2000 I popped across to his island, Schouwen-Duiveland in the Dutch province of Zeeland, and here's the result; the Lowlander shows us his island, (albeit with a time-lapse of over a decade).




To be fair, home of a travelling companion or not, Schouwen-Duiveland is a place that I particularly love. There's a strange beauty to its perfect flatness, (it is mostly below sea-level), and its history - both modern and ancient - is fascinating. But then again, you'll find all that out for yourself as we visit Zierikzee, the Plompentoren, the Ooster-Schelder Dam and the enigmatic Domain where, try as we might, we just can't find the watchtower...




BTW, a quick warning, the sound quality is naff, I know, but I can't seem to improve it.

Keep travelling!

Uncle Travelling Matt

Check out all my V-logs!

No comments:

Post a Comment